SIM7000 LTE CAT-M1/NB-IoT Shield Kit
SIM7000 LTE CAT-M1/NB-IoT Shield Kit
NOTE: These beta boards are completely sold out but you can pre-order the next version of this shield here on my Indiegogo campaign! All kits ordered on Indiegogo will receive a special promotion with a free Hologram SIM card and exclusive $40 Hologram.io promo code!
NEWS: SIMCom is soon releasing a global version, the SIM7000G, which combines all the bands supported by A, C and E versions into one module! Stay tuned for the latest news!
This powerful, open-source LTE cellular shield supports the latest cutting-edge LTE CAT-M and NB-IoT technology as well as fast multi-GNSS positioning. Its low power consumption is perfect for IoT devices and it's directly compatible with Arduino Uno, Mega, and Leonardo as a shield and can be wired externally to practically any other microcontroller.
- Selecting a version
- Comprehensive documentation
- Github product wiki
- Getting started tutorial
- GPS Tracker Tutorial (HTTP GET/POST and MQTT)
- SIM7000 LTE/NB-IoT shield, proudly assembled in the USA!
- Flexible, dual LTE/GPS antenna with uFL connectors and 3M adhesive on the back
- Stackable female header kit
- Hologram global IoT SIM card and $5 promo code inside!
Note: Arduino, USB cable, and LiPo battery are not included. Currently shipping revision v4. Revision v5 will include LiPo battery support to handle larger current spikes during GSM operation for SIM7000C or SIM7000E users. The battery can be left out for SIM7000A users because the module doesn't support GSM.
This shield has lots of features, all in a small Arduino-compatible shield! It's great for remote sensors, real-time GPS trackers, cellular-activated IoT devices, and any other low-power cellular projects! Below are some tech specs:
- Compatible with Arduino Uno, Arduino Mega, and Arduino Leonardo or practically any 1.8-5V microcontroller if wired externally and set properly (see the shield pinouts in this tutorial). Note: custom logic voltage option only available on next revision (Indiegogo campaign and later)
- Low-power LTE CAT-M1 and NB-IoT support. SIM7000C and SIM7000E versions additionally support 2G (GSM/GPRS) and 2.5G (EDGE). Uplink speed up to 375kbps, downlink up to 300kbps
- The shield comes in three versions for different regions of the globe (learn how to select a version)
- Supports SMS text messages (see this SMS tutorial)
- Supports TCP/IP (including MQTT), PPP, POP3 (Email), and FTP/HTTP/SSL (Note: Email and SSL currently under development in SIMCom firmware)
- Integrated multi-GNSS (GPS, GLONASS) capabilities with 2.5m accuracy (see this GPS tracker tutorial)
- MCP9808 High-accuracy I2C temperature sensor with 0.25° typical accuracy
- Micro USB for debugging and sending AT commands (see this tutorial on how to install Windows drivers)
- Extra I2C header for convenience
- SIM7000 module power and network status LEDs
- Convenient u.FL antenna connectors for added flexibility
- The SIM7000A is certified for both AT&T and Verizon!
- There are tons of other features, including DNS parsing, transparent data mode, and network time syncing!
Network Connection: This shield does not operate on traditional LTE. This means you need to make sure that you have LTE CAT-M1 or NB-IoT for it to operate. To get a better idea of whether or not you have CAT-M1 or NB-IoT coverage in your area please visit this tutorial. However, the SIM7000C and SIM7000E versions also support 2G and 2.5G in case CAT-M1 or NB-IoT is not available.
This kit is for evaluation only and is not FCC approved for resale. It is your responsibility to determine if the shield will work for you and cell coverage or network compatibility in your specific area cannot be guaranteed.
FCC Notice (47 CFR 2.803)
This kit is designed to allow:
(1) Product developers to evaluate electronic components, circuitry, or software associated with the kit to determine whether to incorporate such items in a finished product and
(2) Software developers to write software applications for use with the end product. This kit is not a finished product and when assembled may not be resold or otherwise marketed unless all required FCC equipment authorizations are first obtained. Operation is subject to the condition that this product not cause harmful interference to licensed radio stations and that this product accept harmful interference. Unless the assembled kit is designed to operate under part 15, part 18 or part 95 of this chapter, the operator of the kit must operate under the authority of an FCC license holder or must secure an experimental authorization under part 5 of this chapter.